San Francisco Tennis Rally + Match Play
Join 200+ local payers to play your favorite game of tennis! If you are an NTRP (2.5 to 4.5) player and want to rally or play singles or doubles, join our Slack group to find other tennis players. (Slack is a mobile chatting app on iPhone or Android phones)
Below is a screenshot of the Slack group organized by playing levels. You can casually chat to find games.
Joining our Slack channel to find other players!
- Read our terms of service, only those 18 years and older should join.
- Join our Slack group to find active players to play matches or just rally.
- We recommend you use the Slack apps for Android and iOS.
- See this help page about how to sign into a new workspace.
- Once you join Slack, there is a Google Doc to put down your level, favorite courts, and time.
- You can contact Tony to help you pair up for singles or doubles or just to rally.
- Please only join the Slack channel if you are serious about playing, we don’t want to just talk about playing tennis, we want to get on the courts and play!
- Sign up for Universal Tennis and join the UTR group to record your matches using UTR.
- Or email Tony Tam at email@example.com for any questions.
Getting rackets and stringing services
We recommend going to City Racquet Shop of San Francisco for all your tennis needs in the city ( rackets, stringing, advice)
How to find, reserve, or walk onto tennis courts in SF
- A Google Map of places to play in San Francisco and the free reservable courts. See tennismaps.com of Bay Area
- Use Spotery.com to book a set of courts at 12pm 2 days ahead of when you are playing. There is another set of tennis courts that you book 7 days ahead at 8am.
- Play at Golden Gate Park Goldman tennis courts, reserve 8 days ahead at 12:30pm. See their website.
- Read about the etiquette if you are waiting or playing on tennis courts that are not reservable. This is from the SF Park and Rec.
- take a look at this tennis court directory for details such as # of courtsg, lights, pickleball, restrooms and lights
- Outside of San Francisco, in the Bay Area tennis map
Ratings NTRP or UTR
Use this chart as a reference of NTRP or UTR ratings.
Hi, my name is Tony Tam. I am the organizer for 70+ people to play badminton in https://sfbadminton.org. During COVID-19, my badminton partner and I played a lot of tennis and fell in love with the game. It’s very hard to find others to play tennis in San Francisco who are roughly at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 level. Hence this site to connect people to play, without paying any money.